I thought that I am always busy but this month, the word “busy” seems to be an understatement. With work, household and the move – it’s a bit overwhelming. If you read my previous posts, everything seems to be an express meal and recipes have always been in a jiffy. I have not even posted something in the last 4 weeks for heavens sakes!
However, I hate missing out in the KCC Challenges and I promise myself to have an entry. So that’s how this dish came to be. Very simple and fast and sorry – it’s fried!!! Vegetables are the star for this month’s challenge.
- Edit Posts1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup green beans, sliced thinly
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 cup tofu, fried and diced
- soya sauce for seasoning
- salt and pepper
- spring rolls wrappers
- oil for frying
1) Saute garlic, onion and celery.
2) Add tofu.
3) Add carrots and green beans until cook.
4) Season with soya sauce, salt and pepper.
5) Add the bean sprouts. Boil and transfer to a colander to drip the excess liquid and cool.
6) Once cooled down, spoon on the spring roll wrappers and wrap filling. Moisten the edges with water to seal.
7) Heat oil and fry rolls until golden brown.
Dipping sauce: vinegar with crushed garlic, pinch of salt and pepper.
|Vegetarian Fried Lumpia|